How do I get help?

Where do I go for help from Second Street Pantry Missions?

You will come to the First United Methodist Church at 201 NW 2nd Street in Bentonville. We are open every Tuesday from 12:00 pm until 3:00 pm, closed from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and reopen from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. We are currently offering curbside pick-up. Just drive up to the church office awning, check-in, and then you’ll be directed to the pantry door to pick up your groceries.

Are there any occasions when you would not be open?

These are the Tuesdays when we would not be open:

  • We are closed for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year's holidays
  • We are closed if July 4 falls on a Tuesday
  • We could be closed for inclement weather.  Our winter weather policy is, if the Bentonville Schools are closed, then we will be closed.

How do I get groceries?

All clients who come to the pantry on Tuesdays are eligible to get groceries, regardless of where you live. And you may get groceries every Tuesday from 12:00 pm to 3 pm or 4 pm to 5:30 pm. For a sample of the information, you will need to provide, click here for English or here for Spanish.

How can I get financial help?

We have limited funds for financial assistance for those facing eviction, utility shut-off, or in need of gasoline for their vehicle.  Those with late bills versus eviction or shut-off may be considered if funds are available.  Due to overwhelming demand, only residents of Bentonville, Centerton, or Bella Vista will be eligible for financial help.  All other areas in Benton County will not be considered for financial assistance.  You may receive help only once per calendar year.

To apply for financial assistance, email the following information no later than 12:00 pm (noon) Monday to  Requests without all required documents and information will not be considered.  Requests received after 12:00 pm (noon) Monday will be considered the following week.  The requests are reviewed each Tuesday morning.

  • Attach a picture of your photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.)
  • Describe your request for financial help in detail - what help are you requesting?
  • Give us a phone number where you can be contacted - you will be interviewed by our volunteer at this phone number
  • List the first and last name of all individuals living in your household, and your current address
  • If you want help with your utilities - attach a picture of your latest utility bill
  • If you want help with your rent - attach a picture of your eviction notice or late bill and provide contact information for your landlord (name and phone number) - If we cannot contact your landlord, your request will be denied!  Make sure all photos submitted with your request are readable
  • Any incomplete information will be returned to you for further clarification

What other resources are available?

Benton County Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program

In partnership with Benton County, Excellerate Foundation will distribute federal funds to provide Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) to residents.

Black Hills Cares Hearts Warming Hearts Program

Provides energy payment assistance for Black Hills Energy and other utility customers in Arkansas who may need help paying their utility bills.


Hark has rental assistance.  This isn't new but they recently sent out an email stating they have funds and asking agencies to spread the word.  Benton County residents needing rental assistance due to the financial burden caused by the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible for the new federal Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program.  To apply, complete our Hark contact form or if you prefer to speak to someone on the phone, call 2-1-1.  *Note that this program is currently only for rent in arrears and/or current months' rent, not the next month's rent.  Please refer to our FAQs.  Information and the application can be found at